Software Tools/Build Engineer Job
Date: Jul 7, 2014
Location: Santa Clara, CA, US
The Intel Fabric Software development team is looking for a software configuration management engineer to work in our Santa Clara design center to facilitate the delivery of the next generation Intel Fabric products for High Performance Computing (HPC). HPC is being used today to help solve some of the world's most challenging scientific needs, including fusion energy, bio-medical research, physics, as well as traditional engineering such as aeronautic and automotive engineering.
The work will be focused around source control, configuration management, IP management, builds, packaging, tool automation, and other aspects of configuration management for a large software code base.
Develops tools to build and conduct stability and performance testing/analysis on Intel software projects (i.e., drivers, system software, software products, software services, etc.). Requires expertise in software development, networking and operating system intervals.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline, or the equivalent in training and experience, and
- 3+ years of experience doing configuration management for large code bases
- 3+ years of experience with GIT source control systems
- 3+ years of experience with Make, rpmbuild, creating RPM spec files, and automated build mechanisms
- 3+ years of experience with Linux Bash scripting
- Work authorization in the United States and does not require sponsorship
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 1+ years of experience in C coding
- Experience with CVS, Mercurial, and other source control systems
- Experience with Linux open source projects, including both user space and kernel.org
- Experience with formal IP and licensing tools such as BlackDuck/Protex or Palamedia
- Experience with autoconf
- Experience with packaging tools such as RPM and archiving tools such as tar
- Experience with other scripting languages such as Python, Perl, etc.
- Experience with the Mozilla toolset, including Bugzilla and integration of Bugzilla with GIT
- Experience with developing and maintaining tools for automated install, setup for testing in software developer labs
- Understanding of Linux distribution packaging, Yum, Zypper, RPM dependencies, and packaging software to co-exist with Linux distributions
- Ability to read Linux user and kernel level code and do basic analysis of compilation time errors
- Open Fabrics
- Linux kernel development
Job Category: Software Engineering
Primary Location: USA-California, Santa Clara
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Posting Date: Jun 25, 2014
Business Group Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
Posting Statement: N/A
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Research