HPC Network IO Stack Software Engineer Job
Date: Jun 26, 2014
Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
The Intel Fabric Software development team is looking for a software development engineer to work in our King of Prussia design center to facilitate the delivery of the next generation Intel Fabric products for High Performance Computing (HPC). HPC is being used today to help solve some of the world's most challenging scientific needs, including fusion energy, bio-medical research, physics, as well as traditional engineering such as aeronautic and automotive engineering.
The bulk of the work will be focused around the Fabric IO stack needs of large scale HPC and datacenter Fabrics. This includes IO protocols, IO stacks and APIs. Given the sizes of HPC fabrics and the performance requirements, there are many unique challenges to solve.
Significant work items will be occurring in a number of areas:
- Design efficient APIs and algorithms - HPC customers are very performance sensitive and there is a constant need to design, implement and support low latency high bandwidth mechanisms.
- Scalability - our goal is to continuously improve performance and scalability when supporting huge node count fabrics.
- Advanced features - This will include continued enhancements in the areas of features such as virtualization, Virtual Fabrics, security and QoS
Job Description: Performs network product design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of software applications. Assignments include development of new programs and subprograms, as well as, enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software. Duties include designing application, writing code, completing programming and developing and executing testing and debugging routines, and documenting work and results. May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documentation of work and results. These positions develop software applications for external customers.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline, or the equivalent in training and experience, and
- 2+ years experience with network protocols and scalable algorithms
- 2+ years experience in C coding Experience with InfiniBand or another HPC or RDMA interconnect
- Work authorization in the United States and does not require sponsorship
Additional Preferred Qulaifications:
- Experience researching, evaluating, implementing and supporting networking stacks
- Linux kernel development
- Open Fabrics
- Familiarity with User space Linux development and VxWorks development.
- Ability to use protocol analyzers and debug challenging multi-threaded and/or asynchronous communications problems.
- Ability to read and understand Linux user and kernel level code
- Exposure to network IO tools, protocols and APIs.
Job Category: Software Engineering
Primary Location: USA-Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Posting Date: Jun 26, 2014
Business Group Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
Posting Statement: Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Network, Developer, Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Computer Science, Technology, Engineering