Quark Design Team: Graduate Contract Design Engineer Job
Date: Jul 18, 2014
Location: Leixlip, IE
The Intel Ireland Quark Silicon Development Team is seeking motivated graduate
and postgraduate Electronic Engineering personnel to support its expanding
operations. The Hardware and Software design engineers in this team work with
Intel Architecture Groups worldwide to design the next generation leading edge
products. The team work on the Quark System on Chip (SoC) products and were involved in design of the successful Intel Galileo Development Board.
For further information on the Quark IoT Solutions Group check out the following link: http://intel.ly/1k7hLsH
The team is looking for enthusiastic talented graduate engineers with the ability to
contribute to the architecture and design of these products. Please note that this is
a temporary fixed term contract position.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Contributing within experienced teams to the successful definition of new Intel
- Development of testing plans for new functions.
- Coding and testing of new functions.
- Work directly with hardware architects and logic designers to influence overall
- Develop architecture and specifications of the product for our customers.
- Interaction with the Intel product divisions worldwide to define and support
product test and support strategies.
The candidate must be a College Graduate who has a relevant Masters level qualification or an honours Bachelors (e.g.: B.Eng. or B.Sc.) obtained within the last 12 months OR a current Masters or Degree student expecting to graduate in 2014 in a Science or Engineering discipline (which would include but not exclusively, Electronic Eng., Electrical Eng. or Computer Science etc.). Qualification should be at minimum of Level 8 in the NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications www.nfq.ie ) or equivalent.
We seek people with
- with outstanding technical knowledge who have a proven track record of
applying it practically in a team environment.
- can use strategic thinking and problem solving techniques to drive solutions to a
wide range of theoretical and practical problems, which require a high degree of
innovation and ingenuity.
- who can establish priorities for their projects and focus other to help them in
Travel may be required from time to time to visit other Intel sites
Please include within your CV, your modules and results during your full
degree and / or masters programme whilst also outlining final year projects and
thesis details. Please also include any programme language skills.
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Ireland-Ireland, Leixlip
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Student/Intern
Posting Date: Jan 21, 2014
Business Group The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.
Posting Statement: N/A
Job Segment: Graphic Design, Creative