Senior Analog-RF Simulation Methodology Expert (m/f)
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us – and help us create the next generation of wireless technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Intel invites you to collaborate with global teams to develop and specify the concepts of cellular wireless modem signal processing algorithms and architectures for newest technologies LTE and 5G.
As part of the Platform Engineering Group (PEG), the Product Development Solutions Group (PDS) provides the central methodology and flow solutions that enable the development of leading edge SoCs across Intel’s product portfolio. The Communications methodology team within PDS provides tailored solutions for the design of 5G Modem Basebands, Radio-Transceivers, Power-Management IC’s and Connectivity-SoCs that power Intel’s aspiration in the smart, connected world.
You as a Senior Analog/RF Simulation Methodology Expert will be responsible to drive Analog/Radio Frequency simulation methodologies and work as an expert for addressing & solving circuit simulation challenges.
Your responsibilities will cover a variety of areas:
- Develop, implement, roll-out and support simulation methodologies to all analog/RF circuit design teams within the Communication Devices Group worldwide
- Define future methodology roadmaps and drive strategic decisions to tackle the challenges coming both with multi-band / multi-radio architectures in 5G and nanometer technology nodes
- Proactively identify gaps and future business requirements
- Run/steer projects for design methodology and design flow improvements
- Align with and challenge partners inside Intel as well as in the EDA industry
- Benchmark internal / external EDA tools in the area analog & RF simulators
- Experience in the area of analog/RF circuit simulation, statistical simulations, electro-magnetic simulations, combined with experience of deep submicron technologies
- Simulation algorithms, analysis types such as Harmonic Balance, Shooting methods, Newton and according understanding of simulator internals.
- Familiarity with different compact model classes.
- Exposure to leading edge RF transceiver and wireless connectivity design architectures
- Practical experience with Full-Custom Design flows incl. tools from vendors like Cadence (Virtuoso, Spectre), Keysight, Synopsys, Ansys
- Collaboration with EDA vendors and good understanding of the EDA industry with focus on analog/RF
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Strategic thinking and decision making
- Strong interpersonal and very good verbal/written communication skills
- Self-motivated, results oriented, strive to achieve excellence
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient with Unix and Windows
- Scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Skill, Python, …)
Additionally, the following qualifications are strongly desired:
- Experience in hands-on circuit design
- Project management experience
- Experience in customer training & support
- Fluent in English; German language knowledge is a plus
EducationInside this Business Group
- Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- PhD/MS or BS with 7+ years of relevant experience
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.