What we're looking for* Someone who is passionate about learning, teaching, and educating on quality. * Risk-minded person who can understand and analyze processes, work with stakeholders, and identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.* Able to relay observations to stakeholders and partner with them to ensure process improvements.* Able to effectively communicate in verbal and written form to any reporting level.* Able to work independently or collaboratively in a constantly-changing environment. * Highly organized and able to manage time, tasks, and deliverables on multiple projects and programs. What you'll do* Ensure that activities related to design/development, pre-production, and production are compliant to company policies, ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO 26262 and other industry standards.* Write, review, and control documentation such as work instructions, standard operating procedures, training material, and guidelines. * Support the internal audit program by monitoring the audit calendar, identifying resources needed, defining audit criteria, conducting internal audits, and preparing detailed audit reports. * Work with departments to identify gaps and areas of opportunity within their process. Identify corrective actions and work with departments to close them in a timely manner. * Build internal auditors' competency on automotive and other relevant industry standards.* Support test and engineering labs by defining, training on, and auditing procedures, including inspection methods, ESD, and calibration requirements. * Develop, improve, and promote the automotive quality training program throughout the business unit. * Promote the use of quality tools throughout the product life cycle like APQP, FMEA, 8D, CAPA, and SIPOC. * Monitor project/program performance and prepare internal status reports/communications. * Perform these activities cross-functionally both in San Jose, Penang, and other affected sites.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Quality Engineering, or a related field from an accredited university.
* 3 years of experience in quality assurance, quality management systems, product/process/QMS audits, or activities supporting the design/development, manufacturing, and testing of products.
* 3 years of experience supporting activities related to ensuring compliance to ISO 9001, IATF 16949, or similar industry standards.
* 3 years of experience utilizing quality methodologies and tools like PDCA, APQP, 8D, SPC, and SIPOCs.
* The candidate must have a legal or permanent right to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship.
* Hands-on experience working in a lab, test, or manufacturing environment.
* Experience with mapping, documenting, monitoring, and improving business, design/development, or production processes.
* Experience with developing and delivering training courses.
* Experience with leading and directing cross-functional or problem solving teams. * Certified auditor to ISO 9001, IATF 16949, or similar standards.
* Knowledge of FPGAs, microprocessors, or integrated circuits.
* Willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.