Software engineering manager for SSG/OTC One Linux Platform Enabling team. As a manager, set priorities for the team, get results across boundaries, ensure an inclusive work environment, develop employees, and manage performance. Manages a team of software professionals including but not limited to engineers, architects, technical writers and technical consultants who are responsible for delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle: design, developing, debugging, validating, and optimization, customer engagement and product support. This might include systems software, drivers, high performance computing, development tools, enterprise applications, consumer applications or user interfaces. May also be required to provide architectural and technical guidance, and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed. Provides direction and goals to the group and interacts with stakeholders both internal and external.
- Expertise in development and integration life cycle and/or validation of major software systems/tools based on Linux / open source software for embedded system.
- Passionate in people management and experience in team building
- Strong communication skills, fluent in English, problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to handle ambiguity, drive efficiency and produce results in a challenging fast-paced environment.
- Management experience in shipping product quality software
- Demonstrate a successful track record of working across organizational boundaries and collaborate for success in a cross geo team environment.Inside this Business Group
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.