The Open Source Technology Center OTC in Intel is a leading organization in the open source community and software industry. It is an organization with strong technical atmosphere, innovation spirit and collaborative environment. OTC is a growing organization, with established strong and visible leadership in many open source areas and made solid contributions to Intel's business. We are looking for a Software Validation Engineer to add to our existing OTC team in Guadalajara to work on producing a new open source project. The project will focus on an Edge computing program to enable IA technologies on open source upstream development OpenStack, Ceph, container etc. and edge software product development. You will work with a group of technical gurus and smart people, gaining lots of insight and knowledge about cloud computing, edge computing and open source software. You will have the chance to build your technical career path to work with senior leaders across groups. You will gain lots of experience in working with important customers and key players in the open source world. The role includes bringing in and understanding an existing SW validation suite from an existing product line, and then evolving and modifying it to work for a new open source version of the product. Focus will be on test content development, test plan creation, automation, execution and results report out.
* Bachelor or Masters or PhD degree in CS or EE or similar majors
* 7+ years of working experience in software validation: QA, security standards and methodologies.
* Skilled in automation on Linux environment, using python, perl and shell scripting.
* Good experience in building Linux systems, working on multi-domain components and technical problem solving
* Strong technical debugging skills from low to high levels of the software stack
* Quick learning in technology & new domains
* Strong technical communication skills both in verbal and written
* Comfortable to work with open source community and working with customers
* Server and workstations setup and configuration
* Experience & knowledge in cloud computing, datacenter SW, virtualization, networking stacks protocols, SDN/NFV or storage software
* LAN/WAN optimization
* System performance tuning.Inside this Business Group
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.