Do you want to contribute to building the best compute platforms in the world, ranging from wearables to huge HPC clusters?
Our tools are fundamental building blocks in shaping Intel's future.
The Simics team in Stockholm is now looking to hire into several open positions in order to further improve our simulation infrastructure, model libraries and interoperability support.
The job consists of design, implementation, and support of Simics software components. The relevant technology areas for this position in our team include: simulation infrastructure, model development, model integration, SystemC interoperability, software and hardware analysis, modeling tools and configuration tools.
As a successful hire develop and grow, there may be opportunities to contribute to other areas such as cross-platform binary translation, interpreter technology, compiler technology, domain specific languages, user interfaces, debuggers, software and hardware analysis views, and virtual machine configuration.
Simics is a simulator supporting the definition, development and deployment of digital systems. It is fast, accurate, scalable and extensible. Simics is used for simulation and modeling of processor architectures, System on Chips, devices, boards, etc in order to enable customers to improve their product development life-cycle with help of simulation. Interactions with customers inside and outside Intel can be expected. Simics is used internally at Intel and is available commercially to third parties through Intel's subsidiary, Wind River. Learn more about Simics at http://www.windriver.com/simics/.
The candidate needs to have Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
A successful candidate would be a strong and curious programmer with solid communication and problem solving skills.
Other valuable qualifications are:
- General software development skills are required, such as knowledge of programming tools, languages and environments typically C/C++, Python, Subversion, GIT, Linux, and Windows.
- Experience/interest in low level programming BIOS, UEFI, uboot, operating system HW adaption layer/BSPs, drivers, operating systems, virtualization, virtual platforms, SystemC TLM modeling, QEMU and Simics is highly valued.
- Experience/interest and a good understanding in current computer architecture and hardware design.
- Proven software engineering practices, e.g. the ability to strike the right balance between requirements, robust design, reuse, technical debt and delivery schedule.
- While not critical, experience with web UI development, frameworks and tools is an additional bonus as our simulation configuration tools are based on such technology.
Since Intel is an international company and the Simics Technology Center spans over several countries good spoken and written English are requirements for this position.Inside this Business Group
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.