Research Scientist Reliable Computer Vision (f/m)
Intel Labs are an interdisciplinary global research organization that focuses on systems that will drive future business in new and fast growing markets. This position is part of a research team in Munich, Germany at the heart of the automotive industry and will contribute to research in public funded and lab-to-lab projects in the field of Dependable Systems in Transport and Industry 4.0. Due to the project context the position is limited to 24 months and is targeted towards post docs working in this field that want to grow their industry experience.
We are looking for a candidate with a technical background in Computer Vision, System Modelling, Dependable Systems, Intelligent Systems or embedded software engineering. The key responsibilities are:
- Research of robustness aspects in the design of dependable computer vision systems
- Develop machine learning strategies to maximize reliability in perception systems
- Demonstrate technical excellence to negotiate joint research results with the project partners (including our competition)
- Build relationships with future decision makers at our partners
- Act as a domain expert and support the construction of demonstrators with our partners
- Document results with clarity and publish reports of achievements
- Represent Intel at international events and conferences
- Publish technical reports, scientific papers and pursue protection of Intellectual Property rights
- Work closely and effectively with external partners – corporations, universities and automotive OEMs
Necessary Qualifications& Experience:
- PhD or M.Sc. in computer science, electrical engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Strong mathematical fundamentals, including linear algebra and numerical methods.
- Experience with Computer Vision algorithms and robustness of the underlying signal processing.
- Strong knowledge of programming techniques, especially for parallel architectures.
- Experience with Machine Learning methods and computations statistics is a plus.
- Insight into technologies and algorithms relevant in the field of Driver Monitoring is a plus.
- Knowledge of dependability methodology is a plus
- Electrical engineering skills combined with lab experience is a plus
- Experience of working in global multi-disciplinary team
Key Skills / Competencies:
Inside this Business Group
- Sense of ownership
- Results orientation
- Customer focus
- Communication skills
- Analysis & decision making
- Elaboration and presentation of difficult topics
- Internal and external relationship management
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.