Join the Data Center Group's high performance fabric performance modeling team to evaluate and define the next generation cloud and HPC datacenter network architecture! To support architecture exploration and performance validation of such systems, we develop state-of-the art simulation paradigms and models of network components and topologies.
We are looking for a creative and motivated senior engineer / architect to work on significant aspects of the new methodology including: 1 development of new NIC and switch performance models, 2 product architecture cost/performance/power trade-off analysis 3 the ability to simulate realistic workloads and 4 simulation infrastructure innovation and optimization.
This is a new project in the Connectivity Group with opportunities to have a significant impact on next generation network architecture and system level features.
-MS or PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 2-4 years of experience. New PhD grad will be considered if their academic background matches required skills.
- Academic background in computer and/or network architecture with 2+ years of experience in these areas.
- 2+ years of experience showing proficiency in C and C++ programming Preferred
Qualifications in one or more of the following areas:
- Performance modeling experience with SystemC or equivalent frameworks
- Familiarity with HW micro-architecture trade-offs and validation methodologies
- Specialization in networking topics such as software stacks, protocols and topologiesInside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.