Software and Firmware Development Engineer
In this role you will have an opportunity to work as a member of Software & Firmware Development and Integration Team in Gdansk-Poland collaborating with many engineers to develop Linux/Windows Drivers and Low Level software. This is a technical role that requires you to use your Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science skills and will allow you to gain a deep understanding of the newest technologies. Responsibilities may include planning, design and development of products parts, testing and analysis as well as collaboration with the other engineering teams.
In this role you will:
- Develop software as the primary job function
- Design, develop, debug & tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web.
- You may also work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies.
Besides regular work you can:
- Have fun by participation in various innovation-focused activities, including Intel makers and innovators community, access to well- equipped innovation lab, have dedicated innovation time
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, soft drinks, massage chairs, and barbecues
- Charge batteries during team events like wind-surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, soccer, airsoft, skiing and many others
- Use on-site conveniences including basketball/soccer/volleyball courts, board games room, covered motorcycle parking, free fruits, gaming consoles, airport shuttle service, table-tennis, tire change service, spa services, hairdressing, nursing mother's rooms, and more
- Basic salary is accompanied with bonuses, private medical plan, lunch coupons, sport facilities card, and more
Please be informed that Intel is proactively seeking candidates for positions which frequently become available at Intel Gdansk. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you are interested and should it become available, we would encourage you to apply and a member of our recruitment team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant.
You should be a MSc in computer science or related field and the following basic requirements are preferred to be able to apply for this position:
- Dedication, proactiveness, passion and focus on results in the area related to software development,
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills,
- Good communication skills in English,
- Good C/C++ programming skills,
- Good python programming skills,
- GIT knowledge is on user level,
- Knowledge of Linux/Windows operating systems
- 2-year professional experience is required.
Would be a plus:
Inside this Business Group
- Knowledge about Django or Flask framework
- Knowledge about audio systems,
- Knowledge of SQL MySQL.
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.