Intel's Network Division ND is a division of DCG. ND provides Ethernet Connectivity and Storage Infrastructure Solutions for Enterprise, Client and Embedded Customers including Silicon Components, Network Interface Cards, Storages, Drivers and Collaterals. ND's current product portfolio includes 10Gb, 25Gb and 40Gb Ethernet host adapter and switch silicon, IA based communications infrastructure platforms as well as Software Defined Networking SDN and Network Function Virtualization NFV software solutions.
We are also developing state-of-the-art technologies like 100 Gigabit Ethernet or networking hardware and software for Software Defined Infrastructure SDI, High Performance Computing HPC and Big Data. ND Software ND SW team in Gdansk is a critical part of a bigger ND SW organization located also in United States, Ireland, Israel, China and Canada. Our main expertise areas are network drivers and applications working with a variety of operating systems Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, ESXi, Solaris, UEFI and DOS, virtualized ESX, Hyper-V, KVM and pre-boot environments BIOS, UEFI. We are also contributing in other areas like hardware diagnostic tools or encryption software and firmware.
Our team takes active part in a full software engineering lifecycle including design, development, validation, integration and customer support, with a particular focus on software optimization for networking (C, C++) and test automation (Python, Perl, TCL).
Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software.
Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
The Networking Division ND is looking for a Software Engineer who conducts or participates in multidisciplinary research and collaborates with design. We give you opportunities to design and develop new features in network device drivers on Windows.
You should be familiar with Microsoft Windows programming environment including debugging, both on user and on kernel space. You will respond to customer/client requests or events as they occur.
This position may also develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgment and formal software process. In this position, you will be responsible for development and maintenance of networking technologies.
You will perform network product design, development, testing, analysis, and documentation of Windows device drivers. Assignments include development of new features and programs, as well as, enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
You will cooperate with and analyze device drivers and network protocol stacks in Windows. Duties include designing architecture of new networking features, writing source code, completing programming and developing and executing testing and debugging routines, and documenting work and results.
You will be responsible for finding and fixing bugs reported by various OEMs and other external customers that use our technologies.
- Knowledge of PC-based System Architecture, BIOS, Operating Systems & Applications.
- Ability to create debugging environment and device drivers, setup network hardware for reproduction of customer issues.
- Troubleshooting, problem solving, multi-tasking, organization, and customer management skills are critical to success in this role.
- Excellent team work skills including ability to work with multiple and remote groups worldwide.
- Proven experience in working on SW projects in teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers of all skill levels.
- Proven experience in validation or development of Windows or Linux Network Drivers.
- Background in networking architecture and networking products - preferably with Intel Ethernet products LOMs and adapters.
- Minimum 4-5 years of device driver or application development C, C++ and debug experience with multiple operating system Windows or Linux including user and kernel space.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Software Development Engineering / Computer Engineering / Computer Science, a degree in similar technical area or relevant experience.
Nice to have:
- Proven experience in development of Linux device drivers. Software/Hardware interfaces and interaction and Socket Programming understanding.
- Knowledge of Networking protocols and functionality including Ethernet/UDP/TCP/IP.- Familiarity with Ethernet MAC and PHY Hardware components.
- Team Work: ability to work in a group.
- Creative approach to problem resolution.
- Open mind.
- Systematic and well organized.
What we offer:
Besides regular engineering duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities like becoming a trainer for a chosen technical or non-technical course.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities Innovation Lab, ShipIt! event, writing patent submissions.
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which groups people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many, many more.
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
- Charge internal batteries during energetic team events wind-surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc..
Basic salary is accompanied with bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.