ND Software Group at Intel is looking for a senior engineer to work on development of Intel SmartNIC products. The position is addressed for someone passionate about computer networks and who wants to participate in the software development for next gen network solutions.
The main activities will focus on Linux Operating system and acceleration compute intensive networking operation by Hardware. The scope of work may span firmware development, device drivers development, and simple OS applications depending on the program needs.
You will have an opportunity to work very closely with internal and external stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Looking for system bottlenecks and designing acceleration methods that push the boundaries and capabilities of the current network software stack using Intel HW.
- Leading people in technical aspects of the project, coaching and mentoring
- Actively participating in all major stages of software development lifecycle, e.g. create high and low level design documents, scope tasks and provide SW estimates, complete implementation and code reviews, unit-test and validate the code
- Owning the design and implementation decisions
- Occasionally travelling to and assisting the customers or other Intel teams located across the globe
We are seeking a person who is creative and innovative and has a strong passion for designing, developing and implementing software. The ideal candidate should exhibit the excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work across different teams and often play leading technical role.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, with at least four years of relevant software development experience. PhD would be an advantage yet not required.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network operation and Ethernet.
- At least five years of demonstrated proficiency in C / C++ development in a Windows and / or Linux environment
- A practical knowledge about Ethernet, Internet protocols
- Knowledge of Linux operating system internals and theory of operation
- Advanced Linux programming concepts pthreads, shared memory and other IPC, driver interface
- Knowledge of x86 processor architecture and concepts like paging features, protected mode, SMP support
- Knowledge and good understanding of UNIX/ Linux/ device drivers with focus on Networking subsystem.
- Experience in user mode development
- Comfortable task switching and managing multiple tasks at the same time- Solid written, verbal skills for expressing complex ideas and initiatives.
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Experience with highly threaded & high processor count environments
- Experience with BSD*-based or Linux*-based kernel programming
- Familiarity with system/hardware architecture, bus protocols PCIe, and memory organization
- Experience with cross platform development Linux/ WindowsInside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.