Embedded Applications Engineer
- Provide technical support & training for Intel's Nios II processor, SoC FPGAs, embedded solutions and Qsys system.
- Develop & maintain embedded processor design examples using Intel's FPGA, ARM-based SoC FPGA and Nios II processor highlighting product features. ie. Nios II Ethernet Standard Design Example, Debugging Nios II Systems with the SignalTap II Embedded Logic Analyzer
- Test & validate design example using Intel FPGA Development Kits ie. Nios II Embedded Evaluation Kit, Cyclone V SoC Dev Kit.
- Writing technical documentation such as device handbook, user guides, tutorials, application notes for key features and applications of these products.
- Work with customers, Intel and Distribution field personnel in multiple geographies, and specialist colleagues to enable design wins and bring issues to closure as efficiently as possible.
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Independent, with good and systematic debugging skills
- Experience in Intel FPGA products/tools, embedded system or ARM processor is a strong advantage
- Knowledge in Digital logic, Verilog/VHDL, C-programming, assembly language, scripting, board level debug, or schematic review will be an added advantage
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.