Create, define and develop system validation environment and test suites. Use and apply emulation and platform-level tools and techniques to ensure performance to spec. Responsible for the development of HW or SW methodologies, execution of validation plans, and debug of failures. Requires broad understanding of multiple system areas and collaboration with Architecture, Design, Pre-silicon Verification and FPGA teams to develop high quality validation content to prevent post-silicon bugs. Provide feedback for future on-die debug feature. Drive SW automation solutions. Requires a mix of SW and HW knowledge/skills. Work in a state-of-the-art validation lab and with global teams of different cultures. Validate IP's that go into all product segments in Intel.
You must possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science or a Masters of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science.
Additional qualifications include:
- Knowledge of Computer System Architecture
- Understanding of a subsystem HW/SW stack, including the silicon, all onboard HW components and connectors, external or plug-in adapters and devices, drivers, and applications
- Experience with C and/or C++ programming
- Ability to independently read specifications, identify interesting test cases, document them, and implement them
- Excellent technical and problem solving skills
- A team player with good organizational and/or planning skills and solid verbal and/or written communication skills
- Highly motivated, curious, and have good lab skills proper tool use, detailed note taking, and be keenly interested in finding and resolving silicon failuresInside this Business Group
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.