Come intern with Intel's Software and Services Group (SSG).
Responsibilities may be quite diverse in a technical nature and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience and education requirements. Job assignments may be for the summer or for short periods throughout the school year.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment
- With open-mind and willingness to learn new technologies, and build knowledge in virtualization technology while contributing.
Virtualization is a key Intel technology to enhance the experience of a wide range of business and usage models from networking, cloud, to mobile/embedded including automotive computing.
You will be working with internal and external open source communities to enable latest cutting edge Intel Virtualization technologies, including but not limiting to XEN, KVM, Container, NFV, hyper visors, and Linux.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Develop test cases to measure and collect performance data of various hyper visors and virtualization technologies.
2. Analyze the performance data to identify problematic areas and scenarios.
3. Offer recommendations and/or enhancements to improve the performance in the above measurements and test cases.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.