Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) team as a Storage Pathfinding Engineer!
Intel's Innovation, Pathfinding and Architecture team is seeking a distributed storage engineer. Knowledge and experience in distributed and enterprise storage systems is required, with an emphasis on flash Semiconductor Storage. In this role you will engage with customers to understand their requirements and challenges, driving our storage roadmap. You will also define and execute architecture concepts and performance models to drive architectural decisions in Silicon, Platforms and Rack Scale Design Solutions. Ideally you will be passionate about technology, have a broad, system-level understanding of data center systems, networking, Linux kernel, I/O technology, and use of FPGA to accelerate storage algorithms. Experience in the design of cloud storage subsystems, enterprise storage and FPGA based acceleration is required for this role.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 9+ years of industry experience, Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 6+ years of industry experience, or a PhD in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 4+ years of industry experience.
- 5 plus years of experience with Storage and Networking including developing & deploying storage solutions.
- 5 plus years of experience with Xeon platforms, FPGA as algorithm acceleration, Network and Storage devices SSD, HDD.
- 5 plus years of experience working with customers to understand their problems, the ability to integrate problems into architectural enhancements to Silicon.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree or higher preferred.
- Familiarity with Cloud Storage - S3, EBS, EFS, etc.
- Familiarity with Intel Processors, FPGA & NICs within a data center context.
- Familiarity with various communications protocols like Ethernet, IP, RDMA.
- Familiarity with Packet generators, DPDK type of framework.
- Familiarity with OpenStack and Open Daylight is a plus.
- Understanding of Linux architecture Kernel, userspace, and virtualization Microsoft/VMWare.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the different Cloud architectures hyperconverged, tiered and for existing solutions e.g. Ceph, vSAN, Nutanix, Azure Stack, etc.
- Datacenter experience DPDK.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, Oregon, Hillsboro