Join Intel—and Engineer the future.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us—and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Intel Gdansk is expanding its research and development team in the field of High Performance Computing with focus at the development, validation and maintenance of Infiniband-based cluster interconnect software running on servers under Linux OS. Connectivity Group develops and validates high performance computing software (kernel and/or user space components) for highly parallel x86 platforms, utilizing Intel Xeon, Xeon Phi processors and cluster interconnect technologies (Omni-Path). These products will be leveraging cutting edge hardware and software technologies, to build extremely scalable systems used in industries like oil & gas, healthcare, science, finance, and film industry.
What you’ll do:
As a Software Engineer you will be working with a technology that enables the most powerful supercomputers in the world, but also scales down to small computing clusters.
You will be cooperating with most influential people within HPC world on new software solutions envisioned for first exascale supercomputers. You will create easy to use userspace providers and/or kernelspace drivers for programming models and libraries which are used across wide range of computing challenges including modern life sciences. Performance and scalability optimizations of the solution will be a key part of your job. You will need to understand the features the hardware offers and come up with ways to expose it to upper layers so that the hardware is used to its fullest. The projects developed are mostly open source so you will get an opportunity to work with the community.
What we offer:
We offer competitive benefits and pay, opportunities for professional development and the flexibility you need to achieve balance. Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results.
Besides regular duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities (innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing).
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which gathers people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many more.
- Relax during energetic team events (skiing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.)
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
Base salary is accompanied with such additional benefits as bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for this position which is frequently available at Intel Technology Poland. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you would be interested in this position should it become available, we would encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering,
• At least 3 years of relevant experience,
• Ability to implement and debug programs/tests in C/C++/python,
• Working knowledge of the Linux operating system, including user and kernel space.
Nice to have:
• Experience with InfiniBand is a huge plus,
• Experience with Cluster communication software,
• Good background in Enterprise level networking architecture, protocols, topologies and networking products,
• Experience in Agile and open source SW development process.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.