Join Intel—and Engineer the future.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us—and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Intel Gdansk is expanding its research and development team in the field of High Performance Computing with focus at the development, validation and maintenance of Infiniband-based cluster interconnect software running on servers under Linux OS (kernel and/or user space components). Connectivity Group develops and validates high performance computing software (OS, embedded OS, device drivers, libraries, applications, tools, etc.) for highly parallel x86 platforms, utilizing Intel Xeon, Xeon Phi processors and cluster interconnect technologies (Omni-Path). This is an new exciting opportunity to drive development of Infiniband software solutions.
We are looking for a Technical Leader to drive software and validation of drivers, user APIs and management software for Intel Omni-Path Architecture products.
What you’ll do:
As a technical leader your duty will be to see "the big picture", where consideration of the whole system and system and cross-functional work with the hardware team is key. Make technical decisions impacting other team members. Deliver major components of the system software stack including OS drivers, kernel stack support and maximum-performance user space libraries. Become an expert in your domain while continuing to learn new technologies.
What we offer:
We offer competitive benefits and pay, opportunities for professional development and the flexibility you need to achieve balance. Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results.
Besides regular duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities (innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing).
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which gathers people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many more.
- Relax during energetic team events (skiing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.)
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
Base salary is accompanied with such additional benefits as bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for this position which is frequently available at Intel Technology Poland. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you would be interested in this position should it become available, we would encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering,
• Advanced working experience with C/C++/python development in Linux environment,
• Excellent writing and verbal skills for expressing complex ideas and initiatives,
• Experience in both Kernel and User mode programming.
Nice to have:
• Experience with OmniPath and InfiniBand is an advantage,
• Experience with Cluster communication software is strongly desired,
• Strong background in working with cross functional teams in multiple locations,
• Strong background in Enterprise level networking architecture, protocols, topologies and networking products,
• Experience with upstreaming in commercial open source environment,
• Experience in Agile and open source SW development process.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.