SoC Design Engineer
Intel PSG Data Center and Communication SSE (Systems Solutions Engineering) works with Intel PSG's strategy customers together to design solutions covering a wide range of network applications and datacenter acceleration by FPGA. The network applications include traditional network equipment such as switches, bridges, routers, and new network equipment which build SDN and NFV. The datacenter acceleration applications include FPGA based SmartNIC, which makes FPGA to accommodate OVS (Open vSwitch) and VirtIO BE acceleration. Meanwhile, PSG networking SSE will pay big attention on telecom NFV application such as vBNG, vBRAS, vEPC and vCPE. And other computation intensive offloads by FPGA will be PSG networking SSE design target.
Intel PSG's Data Center and Communication Division SSE team in Poland is seeking an experienced SoC FPGA design engineer.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for SoC (System on a Chip) development.
- Determines architecture design, logic design, and system simulation.
- Defines module interfaces/formats for simulation.
- Performs Logic design for integration of cell libraries, functional units and subsystems into SoC full chip designs, Register Transfer Level coding, and simulation for SoCs.
- Contributes to the development of multidimensional designs involving the layout of complex integrated circuits.
- Performs all aspects of the SoC design flow from high level design to synthesis, place and route, timing and power to create a design database that is ready for manufacturing.
- Analyzes equipment to establish operation infrastructure, conducts experimental tests, and evaluates results.
- May also review vendor capability to support development.
Some more details about duties:
- participates in the specs definitions of whole system architecture; write down technical specs and functional design documents; coach team members for module design.
- generate unit level test cases and testing environment; run the test cases in common EDA simulation tools; isolate the design defect and debug the issues.
- Working with system verification engineers to develop test cases on the whole design and assist on the system verification environment setup.
- Collaborate with sales team to uncover system requirement and promote solution.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, with at least four years of relevant experience in FPGA design and validation
- Very familiar with FPGA design flow, rich experience including Verilog and System Verilog coding, function verification, hardware validation and good FPGA debug skill
- Very familiar with common EDA simulation tools like Questsim/modelsim, Verdi and VCS
- Good knowledge of networking application interface definitions including 802.3 Ethernet, PCIe, external memories such as DDR and QDR RAM
- Good knowledge of network L2/L3 protocols such as PPP, PPPoE, 802.1q, QinQ, IP route, MPLS, ARP, VPLS, VxLAN
- Network application related background like core router, BRAS, CPE, PTN, IPRAN
- Fluent verbal and written English
- Good communication skills and mindset of team work
Please be informed that Intel is proactively seeking candidates for a SoC Design Engineer position which frequently becomes available at Intel Gdansk. Please note that the position may not be available at this time. If you are interested and should it become available, we would encourage you to apply and a member of our recruitment team will be glad to contact you when/if relevant.Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.