In this position, you will be part of Intel's Team working on SW stack for Intel chipset subsystems. As a Software Developer in Tests, you will participate in many innovative projects, and apply your expertise in a fast paced technically driven environment. You'll be part of a bright engineering team that has an open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success culture. The ideal candidate will have a strong self-directed work ethic and a can do attitude. Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven analytical and critical thinking.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze project requirements, test plan and define Test Cases scenarios
- Develops validation tools and infrastructure.
- Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
- Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Analyzes test results to ensure correct functionality, determine root causes of failures and recommends corrective action.
- Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
- Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software.
- Working closely with software developers
Besides regular work you can:
- Have fun by participation in various innovation-focused activities, including Intel makers and innovators community, access to well- equipped innovation lab, have dedicated innovation time
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, soft drinks, massage chairs, and barbecues
- Charge batteries during team events like wind-surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, soccer, airsoft, skiing and many others
- Use on-site conveniences including basketball/soccer/volleyball courts, board games room, covered motorcycle parking, free fruits, gaming consoles, airport shuttle service, table-tennis, tire change service, spa services, hairdressing, nursing mother's rooms, and more
- Basic salary is accompanied with bonuses, private medical plan, lunch coupons, sport facilities card, and more
You must possess a Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Computer Engineering, and:
- Good Knowledge of programming language C# / .NET
- Knowledge of testing methodologies for drivers and applications for Windows/Linux - Android
- Experience in troubleshooting/diagnosing issues with Windows OS/Linux/Android applications
- Knowledge of software products debugging methodologies
- Good knowledge of Object oriented software development and debugging (Class and object definition, Encapsulation, Polymorphism, Constructors and Destructors, Interfaces, Abstracts, Value types, Access modifiers, Exception handling, Delegations and Events, Generic types, LINQ, extended methods, Lambda expressions or so)
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Expertise in problem solving and communication skills (both: written & verbal)
- Strong desire to learn new technologies, show initiative, prioritize, deliver and contribute
- Open minded
- Not afraid of hardware
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Inside this Business Group
- Thorough knowledge of Windows/Android internals
- Development in a Linux environment (kernel modules development would be an advantage)
- Good knowledge of hardware programming aspects
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.