Firmware Development - Debug Platform Application Engineer
Come join a fast-paced and dynamic team bringing an exciting new server technology to market! We are looking for a strong Embedded Hardware/Software Engineer in the Data Center Group DCG to help drive successful integration of manageability solutions into Datacenter/Comms/Storage platforms.
This position requires an understanding of, and hands-on experience developing and debugging embedded x86-based firmware/driver code.
You will help remove obstacles to customer adoption by providing firmware prototyping, customer debug support, and expertise with development and debug tools.
You will be working on a variety of different tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Provide hands-on support of platform development and debug environments and tools compilers, image signing and build tools, debuggers.
- Engage deeply with customers to develop and integrate kernel, driver and application firmware. Responds to customer requests or events as they occur.
- Provide expertise on customer use cases and do rapid prototyping if needed on embedded OSs to demonstrate solutions.
- Solve complex customer issues at different stages of development, including architectural, platform provisioning, hardware/firmware integration and debug.
- Work on technical documentation including technical notes
- Provide technical training and demos to customers and Intel employees.
You will become a part of one of best Intel teams and have a possibility to work with highly motivated individuals - best professionals in their field.
Besides regular engineering duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities like becoming a trainer for a chosen technical or non-technical course.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing.
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which gathers people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many more,
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks,
- Relax during energetic team events wind-surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.
- At least 1 year of relevant firmware/software experience
- An understanding of server platform architecture, including server I/O and manageability interfaces SMBus, IPMI, networking, PCI Express, SPI etc is required.
- Troubleshooting, problem solving, multi-tasking, organization, and customer support skills are critical to success in this role.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with customers of all skill levels novice thru expert.
- Comfortable working in Linux development environment
Nice to have skills:
- The candidate should be comfortable with x86 server platform architecture, BIOS and server manageability firmware, with a solid understanding of platform initialization, reset, and exception handling flows.
- The ideal candidate will bring a proactive, energetic attitude towards problem solving and debug.
- Strong communication skills verbal & written and demonstrated ability to debug complex issues is required.
- Candidate should be able to work independently as well as across teams/geographies, and have good organizational skills.
- Moderate travel across Intel and customer sites may be required.
- Technical documentation handling and preparation
- Experience with defect tracking applications
- Excellent software or firmware debugging skills
- Fluent Polish language knowledge
Inside this Business Group
- Minimum B.S. in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering / Computer Science
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.