In this position you will work with a research team engaged in developing cutting edge technology and adaptive solutions for drones and robots that can be integrated into future products.
You will be responsible for maintaining a small fleet of experimental drone platforms applying firmware upgrades and reconfiguring hardware according to test requirements.
You will help developing c++ code, ROS modules and simulations using models of real multi-copter drones.
You will conduct experiments to assess new capabilities, run benchmarking tests and document results. In addition, you will be expected to participate in the creation of new IP and in writing journal papers.
* Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or related field.
* Demonstrated experience is required in embedded systems
* Programming in C/C++ for firmware development.
* Experience with multiple microcontroller-based development platforms.
* Experience adapting new and existing computational modules and algorithms from robotic simulations to robotic platforms, including developing C code for real-time implementation.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Desired experience
* Experience in control theory applied to unmanned vehicles: aerial and terrestrial.
* Experience with multi-modal sensing for obstacle detection and mapping.
* Experience in multiple programming languages.Inside this Business Group
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.