Software/Firmware Development Engineer
Find development in your work—at Intel.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us—and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
The Datacenter Engineering Group is looking for a SW/FW Development Engineer. In this position, you will be responsible for firmware development and debugging or/and drivers and tools development of innovative Intel technologies such as DIMM based on 3D XPoint non-volatile memory, 5G, PCIe Gen4, USB 3.x, platform security features: Software Guard Extensions, chipset based features supporting Intel solutions for autonomous cars. You will have an impact into new innovative breakthrough technologies.
You will be working on new generation products and will have an opportunity to gain experience on best in the world technologies that will be released to the market in a few years. You will be a member of a cross-functional, cross-geo and agile team that delivers a world class dis-aggregated networking solutions.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Understand server platforms requirements,
- Architecture and design FW solutions,
- Develop, unittestand debug FW in C language,
- Integrate FW with other server HW and SW platform components, like CPU, PCH, OS etc.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science, a degree in similar technical area.
- 2+ experience in firmware or/and software development and firmware debugging.
- Understanding of low-level programming, system architecture, operating systems, device architecture and hardware design
- Ability to be self-reliant in problem resolution.
- Good communication skills and able to work in a cross geo team environment.
- Good team work and cooperation
- Good command of English
- Fluent in C/C++ or/and Python and working experience using GIT as version control system. Prior working experience using agile development process is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of low-level programming languages and hardware programming and debugging aspects.
- Security related knowledge will be an advantage.
- Troubleshooting, problem solving, multi-tasking, open minded, organization and customer management skills are important to success in this role.
- Practical knowledge of concepts in the following domains: real time systems, hardware/firmware validation, low level Kernel programming.
What we offer:
Besides regular engineering duties you can:
Inside this Business Group
- Take advantage of various career development activities like becoming a trainer for a chosen technical or non-technical course
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which groups people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many, many more
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities (innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing)
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks
- Charge internal batteries during energetic team events (wind-surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.)
- Basic salary is accompanied with bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.