As a Thermal Engineer, you will be working on a global team that develops cooling solutions that ensures the thermal performance of the latest products developed at Intel. You will take part in a multi-disciplinary team that develops innovative cooling solutions, keep track of state the art solutions that provide better thermal dissipation and benefits for components developed at Intel.
You will be responsible of validating and ensuring the performance of the thermal cooling solution to be implemented at specific Intel products.
You will work with cross functional and global teams to identify and anticipate any challenges on the design.
Also, you will be responsible to define any engineering activity required to ensure the performance of the final design, including: CFD analysis, Thermal Testing and validation, interaction with Engineering Teams and Laboratories, improving current testing methodologies and vendor interaction.
We are looking for a passionate, self-driving, proactive person that is looking for new challenges and willing to work with a highly interactive and motivated team.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- 2 years experience in industry
- Direct experience in CFD analysis and use of software: Icepak, Flotherm
- Knowledge of FEA fundamentals
- Strong knowledge on Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics
- Experience on Heat Sink Design, Thermal Management, Fans, Heat Pipes
- Problem solving, communication skills, pro-activeness, leadership, collaboration and team-working
- Strong communication skills in English
- Highly adaptable to change
- Master in Sciences on Mechanical Engineering or related
- Experience on electronic components heating and power dissipation
- Mechanical Design and experience on CAD software
- Programming skills
- Testing and Lab equipment experience: measurement, wind tunnel testing, thermal measurements.
- Cross Cultural Team Experience, Multi Project
- LabView experienceInside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.