Come to Intel Labs and help us invent the future. Intel Labs innovates to develop compute platforms that address emerging workload and market needs. In the Performance Analysis and Modeling lab we analyze workload performance to inform and influence future platform enhancements. Join us in exploring workloads important to Intel's future in areas such as cloud computing, and in developing novel tools and methods to characterize and model their performance. We are looking for a strong systems researcher who can take the lead in diving into new workloads and play a significant role in assessing new platform features. In this role you will work as part of a small team to identify, configure, and prototype important workloads. You will then deliver the appropriate data and analysis from those workloads to inform technology decisions.
The candidate must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a MS or PhD in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar technical discipline
- Minimum of 6 months experience with:
* Computer architecture
* Experience in performance benchmarking, profiling, characterization, modeling and analysis and tools
* Programming and scripting skills including C/C++, shell, Python or Perl
* System configuration, administration or optimization experience
* Machine learning and/or data science
* Usage, optimization or development experience with cloud-computing environments and frameworks e. g., Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Azure, OpenStack
* Parallel computing e.g., OpenMP, MPI and FPGA or GPGPU computing
* Simulator development and simulation study experienceInside this Business Group
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.