The Account Executive (AE) is a commissioned sales position, responsible for developing the account sales plan to grow Intel’s revenue and executive relationships within leading Japanese Telecom Service Providers. This position is based in Intel’s Tokyo office and reports into Communications Service Provider Sales Team that is part of the Data Center Business Unit Sales Group.
Candidates will have a broad technical background in mobile core network, wireless access, telco cloud and previous experience working at or with a leading Japanese Telecom Service Provider, Multinational Telecom Equipment Manufacturer, Leading Enterprise Software Solutions Company and/or System Integrator. The AE will team up with a japan based solution architect and also be supported by Asia regional and worldwide sales, marketing and technical resources develop near term (current year) as well as long term (3 year) sales engagement plans. Candidates must have previous experience developing and winning multimillion dollar Telecom Infra/SW/Services deals at Japanese Telecom Service Providers and have demonstrated the ability to drive the sales process and develop relationships at all levels within the customer’s organization including working-level engineering, mid management and executives.
In addition to having a broad technical understanding of Telco Cloud Architecture & Networking, the candidate will have experience developing relationships with local and multinational solution partners. The success of the AE role is highly dependent on ability to form strong relationships with Intel’s Cloud & Networking partners who often assist in qualifying sales opportunities, developing RFPs, managing successful engineering PoCs/Pilots and executing complex commercial launch plans to schedule.
The candidate will also need the confidence and communication skills necessary to develop relationships and trust with Intel’s internal stakeholders (GM/VP level) who make decisions that can impact the sales account plan and amount of support & resources provided for the customer.
The ideal AE candidate will also have experience working in a regional role that requires traveling frequently across the region (Asia/Europe/US), developing strong collaboration skills and working with people from many different countries.
- BS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or related technical field; Master’s or MBA is a plus
- >10 years telecom industry experience with 5+ years hands-on experience in new services projects
- Broad understanding of service providers existing core and access network technologies and ability to describe Japan’s telecom service providers plans to transform to software-defined networks and network function virtualization.
- Solid understanding of Intel’s server, networking and storage products & how these fit into next generation Telco Cloud networks based on SDN and NFV.
- Account Management track record demonstrating ability to accurately forecast and expand an existing multimillion dollar business over 2+ years with a Japan Communications Service Provider
- Business Development track record demonstrating ability to drive complex sales process and partner with SI, OEM or other that results in winning a new commercial contract at a Telecom Service Provider
- Established executive relationships at leading Japan Communications Service Providers and ability to continue to develop these and new relationships while transitioning to new companies
- Experience leading development & execution of multi-year million dollar account sales plan to a Japan Telecom Service Provider
Inside this Business Group
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence decisions at senior levels within customer, partners and internally at your existing company.
The Intel Sales Organization works globally to solve critical business problems with Intel based technology solutions. Our customers range from the world's largest enterprises and institutions including Fortune 100 companies, Governments to Systems Integrators and Emerging solutions providers. We partner with innovators and makers to enable inventions in Personal Technology, Cloud Services, Internet of Things, Healthcare, Big Data and Wearable's. Our Sales Force works across multiple industries and navigates a complex partner and customer ecosystem as we shape product roadmaps, drive value for our customers, and collaborate to harness emerging technology trends with the delivery of comprehensive solutions.