We are seeking a dynamic individual to lead our growing Penang team. This leader will drive growth and development of a 100+ diverse customer engineering team while driving the strategy aligned to CEG and PSG goals. This leader will also sit on the PSG Penang director staff and work closely with the Penang leadership team to make PSG Penang a successful growth site outside of the United States. This leader will have responsibility for the Factory Applications Engineering Group in Malaysia and report directly to the Vice-President of the Customer Experience Group. Additionally, this leader will provide site management for all other Customer Experience Groups located in Malaysia including Global Applications Engineering, Customer Information Group and Technical Program Management.
The responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing technical collateral (Datasheet, user guide, etc.), demos, reference design, application notes, and design examples development and delivery to committed schedules
- Managing factory applications engineering technical issue resolution across multiple disciplines including device IO, timing closure, IP integration
- Effectively working with cross site teams in developing coherent strategies while role modeling clear decision making and crisp communication to ensure the organization meets committed budget and plans.
- Interfacing with the field organization and senior customer management to help drive design win growth and revenue growth by transitioning customers into production
This individual will provide site leadership for CEG in Malaysia including coordinating and leading department meetings and interfacing with other department site leaders.
- BSEE or equivalent a must, with MBA as an advantage
- Strong English communications ability
- At least 10+ years in semiconductor engineering, applications engineering or customer-facing engineering role
- Strong technical background, with experience in FPGA, VHDL, SoC development, board design as a strong advantage
- Demonstrable strong stakeholder management, communication skills and inspirational leadership
- Proven track record of developing leadership teams and defining/implementing organizational designInside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.