You will join Solutions Security Group which is part of the Security and Privacy Research SPR group in Intel Labs. The mission of SPR is to drive industry-leading research on Trustworthy Execution, Anti-Malware, Identity & Authentication, Cryptography, and Privacy to deliver higher robustness and assurance on Intel platforms.
This role will focus on the research/design/development of hardware/software architectures and prototypes with a focus on solution security in a heterogeneous environment consisting of CPUs and accelerators. In this position, you will join a team of accomplished security technologists to uniquely focus on the definition of next generation hardware and software security solutions for an exciting emerging area of computing.
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy solving complex problems.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You thrive in a small team attacking big problems.
- You aren't afraid to learn a new technology on your own to solve a problem.
- You are eager to share your learnings with others.
- You are concise and patient in both verbal and written communications.
- You are self-motivated to find answers and drive them to completion.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- The candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The student should be self-motivated, show initiative, and drive closure of technical issues.
- Also, be able to present complex issues with clarity to drive decisions.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/ or work experience.
- The candidate must be pursuing a Masters or Ph.D. degree program in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent with technical breadth in the area of system software and/or heterogeneous computing.
- Minimum 6+ months of experience in the following:
- System software
- Security project experience
Preferred Qualifications include experience in one or more of the following skills:
- Machine Learning, Computer Vision, FPGA design, Open source contributions, Cryptographic Protocols, and Security Validation Methodologies.Inside this Business Group
Intel Labs, the New Business Initiatives group (NBI), the Perceptual Computing Group and the New Devices Group (NDG). Additionally, New Devices Group and the New Business Initiatives group were combined into the New Business Group (NBG) which nests into NTG.