Senior Software Engineer (f/m)
Come and code with the best—at Intel.
Think Intel is all about hardware? Well, think again. On its own, Intel’s software business would be one of the largest and most influential software companies in the world. So join us—and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer, with a passion for low level programming and understanding of how stuff works, to create tools for software developers.
You will collaborate with a multinational team of professionals and have the opportunity to influence the vision of future software tools.
What you’ll do
As a Software Engineer working in the Application Debugger team, you will be developing tools that support application debugger capabilities on the next generation Intel hardware platforms. Our tools are built using industry standard technologies such as Open CL. You will work on anything from low-level register access all the way up to User Interface.
What we offer you
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment—where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy and enjoyable life, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Software development experience in C/C++.
- Experience with at least one shader programming language (OpenCL, HLSL, OpenGL, Metal)
- Experience with debug information processing or generation by compilers
- Experience with assembly level programing of CPUs or GPUs
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Shell scripts, etc)
- Good English skills; German is not mandatory.
Nice to have
Inside this Business Group
- Experience with Linux, Windows or Mac OS development environments
- Experience with software testing and test automation
- Experience with debuggers, code analyzers or reverse-engineering tools
- Knowledge about Intel processor architecture
- Expertise in Continuous Integration processes (Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with Open Source software
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.