Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on earth. Join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come. Intel Mobile Communication is looking for an innovative RF systems engineer with focus on developing DSP- digital signal processing algorithms and topologies within RF-Radio Frequency transceiver IC-Integrated Circuits. You develop and specify in close collaboration with a global team of analog/digital/FW design experts as well as within the systems engineering community the content of world-class cellular semiconductor components. You have an end-to-end view of systems across layers and across disciplines. Join Intel - and engineer the wireless future where everything that computes is connected!
The candidate will be responsible for the selection, definition, and specification of DSP structures and components within RF transceivers HW and SW. This development and subsequent performance characterization and validation is done in a Matlab/C/C++/SystemC based simulation environment. The candidate will actively participate and contribute to systems engineering shaping the optimum HW/SW split to continuously improve efficiency and capability of RF transceiver/modem chipsets based on various cellular modem technologies in close alignment with the design communities as well as our customers. This includes theoretical and simulation-based analysis, regular active participation in design and review sessions within cross-functional teams, systems support for implementation and mass production optimization related activities and submission of technical papers to relevant conferences to contribute Intel's IP portfolio.
- Excellence in digital signal processing and implementation experience on DSP platforms
- Strong academic background with emphasis on wireless communication, information theory, and digital modulation
- Matlab/C/C++ programming knowledge is required, SystemC beneficial
- Knowledge of various state of the art cellular modem technologies/radio access technologies GSM/WCDMA/LTE/TD-SCDMA/CDMA200/5G/mmWave CDMA/OFDMA based systems
- Familiarity with 3GPP/3GPP2 wireless standards and radio access network design
- Prior experience of working with multi-sited teams in multiple disciplines is a plus
- Excellent written, verbal communications in English and soft/social skills to work in global cross-functional teams.
- Master's/Doctorate, Electrical Engineering and/or Electronics & RF Engineering
- RF system knowledge and understanding of RF KPIs and their system impact.
- Experience in embedded HW/SW co-design
- Knowledge of operating of RF LAB equipment spectrum/network analyzer etc
- German languageInside this Business Group
Communication & Devices Group: The wireless revolution at Intel! We are one team - passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds working together to realize a world of connected computing. We are bringing the best ideas from the brightest minds to deliver future mobile experiences into the market. We are on the journey towards making Intel a wireless leader with exciting products for the Internet of Things, 5G and an opportunity to change the world with your work.