Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) team as a Strategic Planner!
Be a part of the Intel's Ethernet Networking Division ND Product Marketing team and be the center of defining future Ethernet network adapter products for use in Cloud, Enterprise, Comms, and Storage market segments. You will play a central role in defining product strategy and roadmap for ND's adapter portfolio. You will be collaborating with other networking and server platform planners in defining the Ethernet adapter roadmap and ensure the right adapter requirements are identified and prioritized. Furthermore, you will participate and help develop business strategies, as well as recommend investment prioritization and partnerships.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead adapter planning and collaborate with key representatives from cross-functional teams within ND to drive product priorities and requirement definition for Ethernet network adapters, SW support, and accessory products for future networking solutions.
- Coordinate with Strategic SW planning to rationalize and prioritize software investments to ensure competitive Ethernet Network solutions based on Ethernet Network Adapters.
- Evaluate new technologies and product opportunities, and make recommendations on which to pursue.
- Work closely with customers and business partners to collect future product requirements and drive product priorities.
- Manage feature, schedule, cost, and performance tradeoffs for both standard and custom adapter products.
- Collaborate and coordinate strategies with ND product marketing, business acceleration managers BAMs, other product planning and marketing teams across DCG.
- Build expert knowledge of Ethernet technology, the datacenter industry, customers, and competition.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 6+ years of industry experience or a Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 4+ years of industry experience, or a PhD in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 2+ years of industry experience.
- 6 plus years of relevant industry experience in product management of datacenter networking or compute solutions.
- 5 plus years of experience and technical knowledge of datacenter architecture and the interaction with massively scaled applications, servers, networking, and storage infrastructure.
- 4 plus years of experience and strong understanding of Ethernet technology and applications.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA preferred.
-Self-starter who can identify new business opportunities based on end-user needs, translate the needs into product requirements, and prioritize investments.
- Ability to influence technology and solution strategy and roadmap direction.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries to develop technical solutions.
- Strong business acumen about customers, product portfolio, technology trends and market needs.
- Experience in Intel Product Planning with demonstrated knowledge of the POP process and how to successfully drive it to completion.
- Excellent customer communication and collaboration skills.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.