Develops, applies, and maintains quality and reliability standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished product.
Evaluate the materials, process and techniques used in production to meet the requirement of products and production equipment.
Specifies inspection and testing mechanism, conduct quality assessment up to and including audits and perform statistical analysis to determine the responsibility for products and systems that do not meet required specifications.
Delivers standardization in product qualification, manufacturing quality systems and methods.
Provide feedback to BU, TD and/or partner engineering group on design or method and statistical process control procedures including manufacturing systems in HVM.
Determines reliability requirements and automated screening methodologies of components and systems to achieve company, customer and any governmental agency reliability objectives.
Develops new acceleration techniques, analytical tools and quality screens to assure the early identification of potential problems with new products, packaging, processes, and product quality/reliability.
Responds to customer requests or events as they occur.
Makes recommendations for changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process/product reliability.
1. 7+ years experience responsible for reliability of high volume consumer electronics products, preferably active wear/wearable devices.
2. Proven ability to develop and execute reliability plans for high volume CE products, from NPI to MP.
3. 4 year Mechanical or Quality Engineering degree required
4. Experienced with small form factor devices
5. Experienced in testing in various environmental conditions (moisture, heat, vibration etc)
6. Comfortable with statistics and statistical presentations of product quality/reliability data
7. Ability to travel 20% and interact with global supply base
Inside this Business Group
The New Devices Group is charged with developing products and technologies that will enhance and extend Intel’s product portfolio into new areas of computing, including wearable technology. The organization is responsible for rapidly turning brilliant technical and business model innovations into products that shape and lead markets.