- Creates emulation/Field Programmable Gate Array FPGA models from a Register Transfer Level RTL design using emulation/FPGA synthesis, partitioning and routing tools.
- Defines and documents RTL changes required for emulation/FPGA. Develops hardware and software collateral and integrates it with the emulation/FPGA model.
- Tests and debugs the emulation/FPGA model and collateral.
- Defines and develops new capabilities & HW/SW tools to enable acceleration of RTL and improve emulation/FPGA model usability for preSilicon and postSilicon functional validation as well as SW development/validation.
- Develops improvements to usability by RTL validation and debugging of failing RTL tests on the emulation platform.
- Interfaces with and provides guidance to presilicon Validation teams for optimizing preSi validation environments, test suites and methodologies for emulation efficiency.
- Develops and applies automation aids, flows and scripts in support of emulation ease of use and improvement of equipment utilization.
- Bachelor Degree with 3 years of experience or Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering with 2 years of experience in FPGA development
Inside this Business Group
- Altera or Xilinx FPGA design background
- Verilog/VHDL coding experience
- Real time C/C++ development and debug tools ISE, emulation, etc.
- Extensive synthesis and simulation skills with professional grade tools
- Proficient at debug of high speed logic designs using sophisticated test equipment SAS/SATA/PCIe knowledge
- Knowledge of NAND technology
- Knowledge of ASIC design
- Python script development experience
- Exposure to revision control systems such as Mercurial or GIT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.