Senior IP Verification Engineer
Be part of the System Solutions Engineering- Video Connectivity team, developing video solutions that are used in exciting products serving the Broadcast, Pro-AV, Medical and many other market segments . Be at the forefront of innovation by working on leading edge technology to design blazing next generation 8K interfaces. Responsibilities for this position may include but not limited to:
- Create comprehensive verification plan based on IP/FPGA architecture specifications and work with the verification team to carry out all the IP verification tasks. The verification plan encompasses functional, system level and hardware verification perspectives.
- Developing IP/subsystem/system level testbench, Bus Functional Models, checkers and assertions using standard verification methodologies
- Create tests, necessary assertions and coverage goals based on specification to verify the implementation. Writing directed and random test cases, debugging failures, filing and closing bugs.
- Review verification results against the coverage goals. Writing, analyzing and achieving coverage metrics.
- Work with cross-functional teams and prepare/support IP functional verification tests for IP bring-up on actual FPGA development kits.
- Developing verification tools and flows, as needed.
- Apply advanced techniques to achieve verification with the highest quality, productivity, and time-to-market
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics, Computer Engineering or equivalent with experience in FPGA, custom IC or ASIC design and/or verification
- Experienced using advanced verification methodologies such as UVM, OVM, VMM, System Verilog, constrained-random stimulus generation, assertion-based verification, and functional coverage techniques
- Experienced creating and executing verification plans
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity or experience in RTL design with Verilog and/or VHDL is a strong plus
- Knowledge of any display interface protocol such as HDMI, SDI, DisplayPort, and MIPI is a strong plus
- Familiarity with Perl, TCL and shell scripts is a plus.
- Highly motivated to learn and adapt to fast-changing technologies and environments.
- Demonstrates fundamental values such as accountability, integrity and a winning mindset
- Strong analytical, and problem solving skills as well as debugging skills
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills and ability to excel in a team environment
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.