As a member of the Networking Platforms Operation (NPO) Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering team, you will be a key member to deliver the next generation of Ethernet networking products based on PCIe and custom OEM form factors for the Networking Division (ND) of CG/DCG.
The Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer (ME) is responsible for the development and sustaining phases of Network Adapter Cards at the board and system levels. ME works to develop and enhance processes to improve product manufacturability.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Implementation of new technologies, components, tools and fixtures.
- Development and support of assembly documents, build readiness and providing factory training
- Managing board and system BOMs.
- Providing manufacturing floor NPI support for builds at external sub-cons.
- Driving corrective actions on build issues, assisting in debug activities and improving quality metrics.
- Conducting DFx reviews for boards and systems to improve manufacturability.
To be successful you must be team oriented and skilled at being a liaison between manufacturing sites and product development teams. Knowledge of SMT process and fixture design is considered a plus as is tooling and die development for sheet metal and plastic components.Candidate must be a dynamic self starter with strong decision making skills. Must be results oriented and an excellent team player. Position requires excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.