Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Solutions Group within the Data Center Group (DCG) team as a Cloud SW Solutions Architect!
We are a team of highly motivated, experienced and agile thinkers, who are looking for the right player to join us as the Cloud SW Solutions Architect. Here you will interface with Senior Leaders, Architects and Engineering teams across Intel and with partners throughout the worldwide datacenter ecosystem to deliver strategic value for Intel through software innovation, creativity and hands on problem solving across the entire cloud SW solution stacks.
To excel in this role, you must have a strong understanding of various cloud SW solution stacks. Ideally, this experience covers orchestration, infrastructure management, as well as storage and networking solutions. Your key focus will be to guide and create complete cloud SW solutions for robust and scalable Intel platforms that ensure we exceed the requirements for each targeted market segment. You must be a critical thinker, have strong self-direction, and be able to communicate clearly. Reporting to the General Manager of Rack Scale Design Product and Solutions Engineering, your responsibilities will also include developing technical relationships with end-users, ISVs, OSVs, OxMs and driving innovation into Intel products.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The DCG is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide. We are tasked with reinventing the data center of the future! www.intel.com/jobs/datacenter
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 9+ years of related industry experience or a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 6+ years of related industry experience, or a PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 4+ years of related industry experience.
- 9+ years of experience working in a design/architect role for medium to large-scale CSP software infrastructure with PROVEN hands-on data center deployment experience covering one or more in each of the following areas that comprise of orchestration, virtualization, networking and storage layers:
* Cloud Solutions such as Azure, Azure Stack, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, IBM Bluemix, Salesforce, Oracle Cloud, Rackspace, SoftLayer.
* Software-defined Network SDN, Network Function Virtualization NFV, OpenStack Neutron and Switch Networking Solutions such as those from Cumulus, Big Switch, and SONiC.
* Software-defined Storage SDS, HDFS, Lustre FS, Block, Object, OpenStack Cinder, Swift, Ceph, and Swordfish, NVMe over fabric.
* Container Orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Amazon ECS, Apache Mesos, Azure Container Service, and Google Container Engine.
* Red Hat, SUSE OpenStack middleware open source implementations.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.