CAD Software Engineer Intern
- Come join Intel's Product Development SolutionsPDS organization as a Design Automation Engineer/CAD Software Enginner.
- In this role you will be shaping the future of computing. We bring innovative technologies to the most complex microprocessor and SoC products on the planet. In this role, you will be a part of developing new and creative methods to increase efficiency and reduce time to market for these designs, helping to increase Intel's lead in computing.
- Combine knowledge of logic and circuit design with software development techniques to deliver cutting edge solutions, shaping the way these products come to life.
- Work with the best engineering talent in the world to collaborate on these new methods.
- Play a pivotal role in our mission to revolutionize computing.
- Responsibilities will include but not be limited to: - Define and develop methodologies/processes to enable better utilization of CAD tools to improve design efficiency. - Interact closely with Hard-IP and SoC design teams to mature the CAD solutions for production use. Activities include problem analysis and requirements definition, followed by design, implementation, test, deployment, and technical support of the flows.
- Deploying software tools to the design team, creating and delivering effective documentation and training, and providing support. - Automating design tasks in order to complete the product design in the most efficient fashion possible. - Developing tools and solutions to meet Intel's specific, rapidly evolving requirements for designing, manufacturing and testing of Intel products, by utilizing formal education and judgment.
- Expected to perform complex product design, systems analysis and programming activities on applications software which may require some research.
Inside this Business Group
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum 3 months' experience with software programming and debugging
- Minimum 3 months' experience with Tcl, Perl, or C
- Minimum 3 months' experience in at least one of the following skill sets: * computer architecture * digital logic * Very Large Scale Integration VLSI Complementary MOS CMOS circuits * VLSI layout
- Minimum 3 months' experience in at least one of the following skill sets: * Algorithms & Data Structures * VLSI CAD * Database Systems
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.