Chartered as Non-voltile Memory Solutions Group's (NSG) SSD Mechanical Sustaining Engineer, responsible in SSD mechanical design sustaining activities which include the following:
1. Design focal point for mechanical sustaining activities post design-to-production transfer with product development team such as hardware design, manufacturing, Q&R and material commodity. Role involves sustaining support for issues reported internally or externally which may or may not be related to design.
2. Supplier interface, work on behalf of mechanical design team with manufacturing engineer, material commodity and supplier to setup DOE/evaluations of 3rd party components and impact on existing NSG manufacturing process, drive supplier/manufacturing for improvement or solution for issues found.
3. Mechanical integrator, work with the mechanical design team to receive the design transfer package, own mechanical BOM management and ensure no BOM related roadblocks delaying manufacturing builds
1. Bachelor or master in Mechanical engineering
2. Minimum 5 years+ experience in mechanical design development and/or PCB manufacturing.
3. Familiar with the following: PCB manufacturing process, mechanical design tool, BOM management, etc..
4. Demonstrate strong technical leadership, supplier engagement and problem solving skills
5. Self-motivated with strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work under a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment.
6. Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.