Our advanced media technologies team is looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team chartered with extending current media products as well as development of new media products. You will work closely with R&D, MSDK architects, and engineers to achieve prototyping and productization goals.
This is primarily a video codec development role your responsibilities may include:
- Design, development and implementation of improved components of video encoders such as intelligent block partitioning, coding mode decision, reference frame selection, bit-rate control, or others.
- Design, development and implementation of latest standard based video encoders such as H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, or AOM/AV1.
- Design, development and implementation of algorithms for content analysis driven encoding.
- Optimization for developed algorithms for subjective and objective quality.
- Optimization of performance/speed of developed algorithms using algorithmic, SIMD, and threading.
- implementation, optimization, testing of components of video transcoding system.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Master's degree in Science in the field of Computer or Electrical Engineering, with three to five years of experience in design, development and implementation of software for video encoders/decoders, and video processing.
- In-depth understanding of video compression technologies and experience in development and implementation of one of the recent video codec standards such as H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, or AOM/AV1.
- Must have designed, developed and implemented improved algorithms for one or more encoder components such as block partitioning, mode decision, reference frame selection, rate control, or others.
- Expertise in C/C++ programming, performance analysis with VTune and optimizations.
- Experience with performance optimization per SIMD e.g. SSE/SSE2/SSE3, AVX/AVX2, and multi-threading.
- Some knowledge of Intel Processor Graphics experience with GenX programming, a plus.
- Able to work with both Win and Linux development environments.
- Creativity, and ability to work in fast, multi-tasking environment.
- Good communication skills proficiency in verbal and written English.Inside this Business Group
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.