The Atom CPU Circuit Technology team is looking for a highly motivated and technically savvy experienced individual to join our team as Senior Digital Circuit Design Engineer! Our team is responsible for developing full-custom as well as compiler based Large Signal Arrays custom multi-ported register file, ROMs, SRAMs, power delivery and standard cell characterization for Atom CPU Hard IP and its derivatives. This will be a fast-paced dynamic environment where you will work in the high performance, low power CPU design group on a wide spectrum of circuit activities ranging from technical readiness, device and/or cell characterization, bit-cell simulations, critical path simulations and design custom blocks to meet stringent Power/Performance/Area constraints. You will be involved in methodology definition tasks as well as executing to project schedules. You would own the design and development of complex circuit blocks, along with design verification and collateral generation.Additionally, you may be tasked with overseeing the work of junior circuit designers.
You must meet either one of the criteria in order to be considered for this position:
1) MS in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering with 5+ years of experience in VLSI. OR
2) BS in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Engineering 8+ years of experience in VLSI.
3) Hands-on expertise and strong fundamentals in the following areas:
- Very Large Scale Integration VLSI.
- Complementary MOS CMOS circuits design.
- Digital logic and optimizations.
- Low power implementation techniques.
- CKT design trade-off for power, performance and area.
If you have the following, it will be an added advantage:
- Should be well versed in a wide spectrum of circuit activities ranging from technical readiness, device and/or cell characterization, bit-cell simulations, critical path simulations
- Design custom blocks to meet stringent Power/Performance/Area constraints.
- Proficient in all aspects of circuit design for custom digital blocks including schematic entry, functional verification, static timing analysis, Noise analysis, Reliability Verification
- Should have good understanding of layout design- Must possess good programming skills.
- Behavioral traits for this position would include logical thinking, very good verbal/written communication, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize work, multi-tasking, good analytical and problem solving skills.Inside this Business Group
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.