Working student for Protocol Stack Development (f/m)
In order to strengthen our team of UMTS/LTE RRC protocol stack developers, we are looking for a candidate, for a temporary position, who has not yet graduated and is working towards a relevant Bachelor's, Specialist's, Technical, Master's or PhD degree from a relevant academic institute.
The position opens up the opportunity to gain a broad insight into leading-edge communications products and is ideally suited for applicants with a focus on a technical career. The candidate should be self-motivated, a team player and with good software development skills.
The candidate will get opportunity to work with multi-site across the world and cross-functional technical experts in the area.Ideally we are looking for someone who enjoys technical challenges as part of their regular tasks.
These tasks comprise of the following activities:
- In depth analysis, requirements breakdown, design and implementation of new functionality for the UMTS/LTE Radio Resource Control sub-layer, according to the evolving 3GPP standards.
- Identify and realize design and architectural changes with the team.
- Conduct presentations for knowledge sharing within the team and for interacting with customer.
- Conduct code reviews and SW acceptance.
- Development and enhancement of module / component tests on a powerful host test system.
- Analysis of defect reports and traces, followed by development of bug-fixes or enhancements to the system.
- Integration of development increments into component / system releases, generation of appropriate component release documentation and maintenance of the implemented modules.
- Current student of Computer Science / Technical Engineering / Technical Communications or related disciplines or Information Technology
- Main focus on Communications Engineering
- Good Software Development skills
- Good Programming skills in at least 'C'
- Knowledge in the Development of basic communications protocol Terminal or Network side
- Good communication skills in English
- Independent and proactive way of working
Inside this Business Group
- Familiar with relevant 3GPP specifications for UMTS/LTE handsets especially Radio Resource Control
- Knowledge of the version control systems like GIT
- Programming skills in SDL / Java / Perl
- Familiar with commercial protocol trace & analysis tools
Intel is one of the largest suppliers of chips for the communications market. The Intel Communications group is focused on designing and building communications technologies such as Ethernet connectivity products, optical components, communications processing solutions and broadband products.