Description:The Programmable Hardware Engineering Penang (PHE-P) function within the Programmable Solutions Engineering Penang (PSE-P) organization is responsible for state-of the- art FPGAs silicon development. PHE-P is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to assume Chief of Staff (CoS) responsibilities for the Senior Director of the group. The CoS role is primarily to plan and facilitate activities for PHE-P staff at a strategic and tactical cross-functional operational level in PHE-P and also to ensure operations for the team are aligned with broader PSE.Responsibilities:The CoS is essentially responsible to keep the organization and staff running effectively both within organization and in relation to other cross functional organizations in PSE. He/She will be the focal point between PHE-P staff and other internal and external stakeholders within PSE. Other responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Sr. Director & PHE-P staff to drive and realize the strategic and tactical imperatives of PHE-P/PSE-P/PSE
- Facilitate development of strategies, and formulating execution framework to achieve business goals
- Structure staff agendas, operation reviews, project reviews, etc while driving operational efficiencies
- Drive deliverables of the group to meet goals and orchestrate the framework of a KPI Scorecard that measures organization effectiveness
- Own content creation for internal and external communications including All Hands Open Forums, Face to Face meetings aligned to the overall organization charters
- Work with the network of CoS within PSE to help with the operational aspects of planning, budgeting, training, employee development, financial and other metrics.
- Establish the priorities for the Sr. Director's calendar in concert with the Admin team taking into account organizational and cross group schedules and commitment
- Represent the Sr. Director in requested meetings, networking to facilitate collaboration across groups and using networks to accomplish goals
- Plans/manages programs or projects to meet specific objectives or goals. Provides leadership for the project team and key interfaces to the project or program.
- Foster a culture of inclusion, diversity and excellence within the organization
The optimal candidate is self-driven and has a demonstrated ability to survey the environment and come up with relevant action plans to help the Sr. Director be more effective.
- BS in Engineering, 10+ years of relevant experience related to silicon development or semiconductor industries
- Candidates should have demonstrated ability to create and drive strategies, work independently, simultaneously manage diverse assignments while remaining organized and productive in an highly interrupt driven environment
- Must possess a well-developed ability to read the internal and external landscape, must have strong business acumen in order to understand, prioritize, and act on the many requests received
- Strong ability to influence and collaborate is a must in this position as success will be measured by ability to influence situations where no formal authority exists
- Skilled at identifying and optimizing areas of ongoing concern within the business both structurally and operationally
- Excellent organizational skills, written and oral communications skills
- Strong desire and commitment to achieve operational excellence
- Must demonstrate strong leadership, teamwork, resourcefulness, and be trustworthy with sensitive informationInside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.