Quality Assurance and Device Validation Co-op
Come join Intel as an intern in our New Devices Group in Canada. As a quality assurance intern, you'll be testing, playing and working with the newest head-worn gadgets out there. You will be mainly focusing on testing our new upcoming head-worn devices as well as our web applications, mobile apps and desktop software.
Being part of the quality assurance team will give you the opportunity to understand the standard structure of a tech company. The quality assurance department will work closely with the embedded and mobile teams.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the product release process by ensuring that products meet functionality and feature/product requirements.
- Formulating, designing, writing and executing new test cases for upcoming features.
- Developing automated test cases that will run in an automation framework.
- Perform regression testing for bugs that developers fix.
- Performance testing of products using testing instruments such as oscilloscopes and thermal chambers.
- Developing test applications to facilitate testing scenarios.
- Manual and exploratory testing of features/products.
- Presenting test results directly to developers to improve testing scenarios.
The candidate should possess the below behavioral traits:
- Interaction with developers to outline and implement test plans while meeting tight deadlines.
- Written and oral communication skills to be able to converse with developers to ensure that test coverage is accurate and complete.
- Ability to explain technical concepts clearly, work independently and cooperate with overseas teams.
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge in:
- Distributed revision control and source code management software e.g. git.
- Agile software development life cycle.
- Ticket and issue tracking software e.g. JIRA, Bugzilla.
- Documentation & team collaboration software e.g. Confluence.
- Test Management software e.g. HP-ALM.
- Web frontend, backend and cloud solutions.
- Automation framework, testing procedures, device and system validation e.g. Robot Framework.
- Continuous integration processes and tools e.g. Jenkins Software quality assurance concepts, methodologies, and processes.
You must possess minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
Must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or any related field.
Minimum of 3 months experience with:
- Programming languages: Python.
Inside this Business Group
- Experience in a quality assurance related position.
The New Devices Group is charged with developing products and technologies that will enhance and extend Intel’s product portfolio into new areas of computing, including wearable technology. The organization is responsible for rapidly turning brilliant technical and business model innovations into products that shape and lead markets.