The Visual Computing Products VCP team in Intel's Developer Products Division DPD is hiring for a senior consulting engineer who can combine leading-edge software engineering work with customer relations and influence the next generation of Intel software products around autonomous driving. In this position you will have the opportunity to create positive impact in fostering Intel efforts in autonomous driving and heterogeneous computing. Software technical consulting engineers TCE focus on enabling external and internal customers to be successful with Intel platforms through use of Intel Software and Developer Products specifically around autonomous driving. Your work will include delivering core components as a senior technical contributor and can also provide technical leadership to both customer teams and internal teams. This position is ideal for a motivated and talented individual with a keen interest in autonomous driving technologies and solid communication skills who is comfortable working to clarify ambiguous requirements, document customer use cases and communicate with multiple engineering teams. Suitable candidates should have a passion for delivering customer-facing solutions using industry proven techniques and the ability to deliver rapid prototypes and solve customer issues in real time. Familiarity with industry safety standards, technical consulting and training and technical seminar leadership are ideal. The ability to work directly with peers and other Intel engineering teams to design, write, review, and influence implementation and test code is necessary.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Technical consulting and training strategic automotive customers regularly on-site or remotely.
- Developing, prototyping, and documenting code samples for technical trainings, seminars and webinar like activities.
- Troubleshooting software issues, documenting solutions and workarounds for distribution to internal and external customers.
- Creating technical marketing collateral, knowledge base articles and customer case studies.
- Working with customer applications and build tools Microsoft Visual Studio*, Eclipse*, make, etc.
- Soliciting customer feedback proactively on Intel developer products and technologies and ensure this feedback is understood by the appropriate teams within Intel.
- Leveraging customer feedback in conjunction with appropriate use of internal investigations to drive the design requirements for the next generation of hardware and software.
- Collaborating with product development teams in planning next generation product features.
- Determining and defining best practices for Intel developer products and highlighting these to educate software developers at key industry events, onsite at ISVs.
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.