Develops software as the primary job function; Designs, develops, debugs & tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web. May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies. Usually holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
The candidate must hold a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or a closely related
- Computer systems knowledge: HW architecture, FW, OS
- Over 5 years of experience programming professionally (e.g. C / C++ plus object oriented design methodologies, including algorithms and data structures).
- Linux/Unix and/or Windows based S/W development environments & tools
- Strong problem solving skills
- Solid written and spoken English communication skills
- Experience in automation solutions using scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Experience in Architecture design
- Experience with virtual prototyping and VRE/System C/DML/TLM/etc
- Experience in HW design & verification methodologies, RTL languages and associated CAD tools & flows
- Experience with high-speed interconnect or memory interface protocols (e.g., PCIe, IOSF)
- Deep understanding of BIOS boot process
- Solid IT know-how: OS,UNIX, Windows, version control (e.g. SVN, GIT)
- FW and/or driver development
- Agile methodologiesInside this Business Group
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.