Conducts or participates in multidisciplinary research in the design, development, testing and utilization of information processing hardware and/or electrical components, mechanisms, materials, and/or circuitry, processes, packaging, and cabinetry for central processing units (CPUs) and/or peripheral equipment. Prepares specifications, evaluates vendors, and analyzes test reports. Ensures products conform to standards and specifications. Develops plans and cost estimates and assesses projects to analyze risk. Develops procedures, analysis and design for computer components, products, and systems. Initiates, guides, and coordinates overall design and development of new ideas and products. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement.
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor's degree with more than five years of board design experience.
- Knowledge of board design process and competency in industrial CAD toolset for Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) design such as Cadence
- Significant expertise in translating customer and/or product requirements into platform definition and into low-level board implementation details (partitioning, place and route constraints, schematics, power distribution, thermo-mechanicals, and others)
- Knowledge of buses and interfaces such as PCI-Express, USB, and DDR
- Experience in high-speed logic, circuit and/or bus design with PLD, FPGA, ASIC and/or processors
- A good understanding of software and/or hardware interaction
- Agile & Scrum Methodologies knowledge is a plus
- English proficient (80/90% at least)
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.