Software Development Intern
We are looking for students who would join small team ca. 10 people and contribute to development of embedded firmware for Intel server platforms.As a Software Development Intern you will have an opportunity to develop and validate firmware using state-of-the-art programming and validation technologies and techniques.You will gain experience on world best server technologies, such as performance efficient power management, server manageability, etc. which will be released to the market in few years. You will become a part of one of the best Intel teams and have a possibility to work with highly motivated individuals - best professionals in their field.
Besides regular engineering duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing.
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which gathers people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many more.
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
- Relax during energetic team events wind-surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc. Base salary is accompanied with such additional benefits as bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
What you will do:
- Edit, modify and debug software products in accordance with software architecture specifications and internal procedures help with simpler development tasks, including writing, debugging and profiling source code.
- Work in close collaboration with Senior Engineers and Architects on prototyping, implementing and verifying innovative ideas as part of Proof of Concept activities.
- Implement small helper tools, frameworks and scripts for improving the development, debugging and analysis of embedded firmware.
- Work in a team exercising agile process: use benefits of continuous integration with peer reviews, participate in planning sessions and retrospectives for a few weeks' long sprints.
- Should be currently a 2nd, 3rd or 4th year student of Computer Science Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering faculty, with strong skills in the overall programming.- Ability to work part time in the coming 12 or more months.
- Good programming skills in C.
- Basic knowledge of PC architecture
- Analytical thinking, willingness and easiness to learn.
- Systematic and well organized approach.
- Fluency in Polish and very good knowledge of English.
Additional Qualifications You do not need to have all to apply:
Inside this Business Group
- Familiarity with script languages Python, Perl, Bash, etc.,
- Good programming skills in C++/C or Java,
- Basic knowledge of x86 assembler
- Basics knowledge of electronics and popular embedded interfaces e.g. RS-232, SPI, I2C etc.,
- Debugging techniques local/remote,
- Basic knowledge of how software build tools work compiler, linker etc.,
- Interest in low level programming,
- Basic knowledge of multithreaded programming aspects synchronization objects, shared resources etc.,
- Knowledge of agile-based software development methodologies,
- Knowledge of software validation concepts: unit / functional/ integration / exploratory / performance / scalability tests,
- Some prior experience.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.