SW/FW Development Engineer
At Intel, developing and innovating computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of people around the world is our passion, and we believe each and every part of our company has a hand in changing the world. Intel's Non-volatile Memory Solutions Group (NSG) has an exciting and unique opportunity to further accelerate innovations in the storage technology space by delivering the best computing experience on Intel platforms that meets a wide range of customer requirements. As a team, we are dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through innovative solutions that are emerging as a result of introduction of the new memory hierarchy.
What you’ll do:
As an engineer working in the storage group, you will be responsible for implementing features, improving quality, performance & reliability of the newest SSD drives. You will be involved in:
- Development & validation of several storage products
- Debugging customer issues & implementing solutions to drive adoption of newest storage technologies
- Technical discussions with US stakeholders
- Engineering degree or MSc. with 2+ years of work experience
- Understanding aspects of low-level programming, system architecture, operating systems, device architecture and hardware design
- Proven track of software development for embedded systems mainly in C language
- Knowledge of multithreaded programming in C
- Good team work and cooperation*
- Good command of English
Nice to have
- Understanding of real time systems characteristics
- Basic knowledge of signal processing
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience with hardware and/or software validation
- Experience in low level Kernel programming
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- We offer competitive benefits and pay, opportunities for professional development and the flexibility you need to achieve balance. Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results.
Besides regular duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities (innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing).
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which gathers people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many more.
- Relax during energetic team events (skiing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.)
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks :).
Inside this Business Group
Base salary is accompanied with such additional benefits as bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.