As a Process safety technologist at Intel, you will be responsible for reviewing processes and be able to understand the effluent discharge and be consulted and able to propose the appropriate post process tools setup needed to ensure a safe and environmentally friendly configuration and setup. You will also be responsible for working with the world wide hazard analysis teams and other Intel parties in identification and development of hazard mitigation to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Implement and Support Process Safety Program and Initiatives
• Support implementation of Intel’s risk based process safety management (PSM) system
• Work with site EHS, Facility, and Fab Engineers to define and implement process safety solutions and strategies for controlling process hazards associated with chemistries, tools, and facilities systems
• Provide direction to management regarding prioritization of process safety projects through risk based assessment
• Work with Site Engineering and stakeholders on Management of Change (MOC) to identify and address process safety related issues or concerns
• Support implementation of process safety improvements to process systems and equipment identified by sites and review process safety impacts from Model of Record (MOR) transfer
• Lead or participate on process safety projects or program initiatives
• Support asset integrity and reliability programs
• Engage in Incident Investigation when Process Safety is involved
Collaborate to Assess and Mitigate Risk
• Conduct or participate in risk analysis or hazard identification through the use of industry accepted techniques such as Hazard and Operability Studies (HazOp), LOPA, What-If review or other similar processes
• Work with transfer teams and PHA community to review, identify and develop risk mitigation strategies for potential process hazards in all processes
• Provide support through design and installation of facility systems or equipment to prevent or mitigate risk due to process safety issues
• Work with engineering and facility teams to conduct auditing and systematic reviews of chemical and tool safety for new or changed processes, chemicals, or equipment
Perform Chemical Analysis and Hazard Characterization
• Evaluate process chemistries, including reactivity, byproduct formation, and other material characteristics (i.e. flammability, corrosives, etc.)
• Coordinate process byproduct characterization, sampling strategies, sampling procedures, PM frequencies and analytical methods with Chemical Lab, Facilities and other experts (including external resources if necessary)
• Identify and characterize process hazards in processes, equipment, and technologies and update the Relative Risk Analysis table as appropriate
• Work with Facilities to identify process byproduct hazards in Facilities owned systems
• Support chemical compatibility review including risk analysis for combined exhaust/drain effluent streams downstream of process tools and support equipment
Promote a Safe and Compliant Workplace
• Support process safety information management including tool install documents, vendor safety bulletins or other industry process safety updates
• Act as a point of reference for the process and Equipment personnel on potential safety problems
• Work with site teams to cultivate an environment of safety first when engaging in process or equipment maintenance activities
• Follow safety procedures and area work rules including proper PPE, lockout and chemical safety
PhD in chemical engineering, chemical technology, or related field are highly preferred.
10+ years PSM or R&D experience in semiconductor, or gas & chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical industry.
Excellent teamwork and strong trusting leadership skills, ability to cooperate well with global and site stakeholders. Proven experience in leadership of Cross Site Teams.
CSP (Certified Safety Professional)/CIH (Certified Industrial Hygiene) and EHS experience is preferred.
Experience with risk-based safety management (RBPSM) and process hazard analysis (PHA)
Excellent English communication verbal, written & presentation skills.
Demonstrated leadership and project management experience preferred
Team Player & ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company.
Creative and innovative thinker with an ability to translate complex ideas and metrics into simple, actionable recommendations.Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.